HOLY CRAP!?! Has it really been a year since the last fit test?! I guess so!
I will spare you the “I’m so tired” and “I didn’t feel like working out” spiel as you have seen it like 234702348023748 times already… Today’s WOD went like this:
- 30 squat snatches – whatever weight you wanted. I started with the bar then worked my way up to 125#. My squat snatches are getting A LOT better.
- Stretches, during which time a wasp stung my hand. What!?
- 100 double unders – took about 2:30. Pretty sure that’s a PR.
WOD – Fit Test
- 400m time trial
- 1 minute of push ups
- 1 minute of sit ups
- Tabata Squats
- 1 minute of pull ups
My numbers this time were:
- 400m run: 1:35, previously 1:42
- Push ups: 44, previously 40
- Sit ups: 36, previously 31
- Tabata squats: 135, previously 104
- Pull Ups: 20
I ran really hard on the 400, so I’m pretty happy with that. I think I can probably do a lot better on the pull ups and push ups. My sit ups… well, I have made peace with them. They are what they are…
Tuesday, July 6th, 2010
I was feeling like getting a small WOD in so I decided to do this at home.
100 Double Unders for time
It took me 5:42 to do the double unders. They started out well at first, but by the end, I was doing them one at a time. The sprints felt really good for the first 2 rounds, then got progressively slower and harder.
Wednesday, July 8th, 2010
Back at CrossFit CP, we did:
21 – 15 – 9
- Medicine Ball Clean (20lb)
- Pull Up
- Wall Ball (20lb)
- Mountain Climbers (42 – 30 – 18)
We followed up with a Tabata Row.
I finished the first WOD in 14:56 and got 810m on the row.
What went well?
The med ball cleans, the wall balls, and the mountain climbers all went off without a hitch.
What needs improvement?
PULL UPS!!! Argh!!! Ever since I stopped doing them often a few months ago, I am having problems getting more than 2-3 at a time. I need to get that swing back.
Pretty good. My energy level was pretty constant throughout this WOD. I would like to think that there were areas in which I could have pushed harder, but still, I think I did pretty well. Had I had my pull ups from 3 months ago, I probably would have had a much better time. Lots of time was burned on doing them one and two at a time.