So, after throwing a hissy fit and all in my last post, I was still back in the gym today working on strength, with a few additions from Bigg Dave:
- Back squats: 3×5 @ 290# felt good… I definitely feel better when someone’s spotting me. Makes me think about what the best way to continue with this is.
- Bench Press: 3×5 @ 200# felt fine. A bit challenging on the 4’s and 5’s but totally doable.
- Dead Lift: 1xt @ 360# felt strong and solid. Good to go higher.
After that, the new additions were:
- 1x(Fail 8-12) dead lift @ 165# with a 4s negative. I made it all the way to 12, so I guess we go heavier next time.
- 2x(Fail 8-12) pull ups with 4s negative @ my fat ass bodyweight. I was not able to do 8 unbroken. I kipped and V counted for me. I was able to do 4, then 3, then 1. I will have to work up to doing 2 sets of 8, I guess.