Today was really tough. I haven’t gotten very much sleep in the past few days, so I was already pretty tired before I even started. Anyway, I went in and tried as best I could.
- Back squats: 3×5 @ 295#. Hard, but OK. I really need a spotter.
- Press: 3×5 @ 160#. Very hard. I failed on the 1st set on the 5th rep. I then went to 155#, did it, then 157#.
- Clean: 3×5 @ 175#. Hard, but doable.
- 1×8-12 Press @ 155# w/4s negative. Bad idea to use 155#. It was WAY to heavy. I got 7 reps and failed.
- 1×8-12 Squat @ 155# w/4s negative. I got the full 12 reps, but it was pretty tough.
Dave HeyTell’d while I was working out to ask how things were going. I told him I didn’t have much in the tank and he suggested that I might be dehydrated. I hadn’t even thought of it.
Hopefully, tonight, we will get a bit more sleep and I will try to drink some more water. Let’s see how I feel tomorrow.