I am on the road this week for business, staying at a hotel here in Lincoln, Nebraska. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that my hotel room had a kitchen. I have to admit, I had researched the restaurant situation before coming out and it’s pretty abysmal. Being that I am like 3 days into the “I Do The Impossible” challenge, I am being really particular about food and trying to follow my coach’s instructions to the letter. Going out to restaurants doesn’t really work too well because you really just never know what’s in the food. Hence, I am doing what most people think is impossible… cooking away from home in a hotel room.
Anyway, there’s a grocery store pretty close to where I am staying, so I have been buying things as I need them. I whipped this up tonight and it was delicious. Just thought I would share the recipe for a quick paleo meal:
What you need:
- Chicken tenders (I used 8 for this)
- Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- Dried Onion
- Chili Powder
- Olive Oil
- Butter (I used pastured butter)
- Large Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
How you do it:
- Prep the pepper by cutting it into strips. Set aside.
- Place the tenders into the mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and dried onion. Mix well.
- Get your pan going over med/high heat. Let warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Add some butter and some olive oil. You can use coconut oil here too, I just didn’t have any.
- Add in the chicken tenders. Brown them, then flip them. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Add in the red pepper & stir.
- Drizzle in 1/2 the lemon and 1/2 the lime.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 minute or until the peppers are caramelized and the chicken is cooked through.
- Steam the broccoli. Add butter and salt if desired to taste.
- Cut the avocado in half & scoop out. Slice.
- Plate it all, then drizzle with some more lemon and lime juice.