It sucks to not be able to do workouts with heavy weight like I so love to do, but I am almost recovered. Still, I am keeping weights light on workouts that could possibly cause my elbow to flare up again. Patience… patience…
Last Friday (5/7/2010) was heavy metal night again. For me it was like, soft rock night, I guess. The real WOD was to do 10 muscle snatches, 10 burpees, and 10 pull ups, but that was too much of a risk for me given my elbow pains. Deric modified it to the following, which still sucked.
3 rounds, not for time:
- 10 snatch balances (95lb)
- 10 burpees
- 20 GHD Sit Ups
- I did mess up a few of the snatch balances. It really is a lot about focus and core strength. You can’t really let your mind wander on these.
- Saturday (5/8/2010), I helped judge and coach the Epic challenge preliminary round. It was great to see people push themselves and make really awesome break-throughs.
- Tuesday (5/11/2010) Endurance WOD for distance:
- 4 min/3 min
- 2 min/30 sec
- 1 min/3 min
- 2 min/30 sec
- 4 min
- I named this WOD “Chug-A-Lug” because that’s how I felt while doing it. Running sucks… blah blah yadda yadda.
Wednesday (5/12/2010), still recovering on the elbow:
- 400m run
- 7 Barbell complex (dead left, hang clean, push press, back squat, push press)
- Man, I wanted to go Rx on this one SO badly (135lb), but I tried a hang clean with just 95lb and I could see how it could start getting to me when I am tired and form goes to shit. I decided to play it really safe and go with 65lb. It was still a great WOD and I finished in 14:50.
- One thing in particular that I noticed was the my first 400m was really easy. That’s REALLY abnormal. The rest of them weren’t too bad either.
- Today’s endurance WOD looks horrible, but I guess you can’t cherry pick =)