A few friends have asked me about this recipe, so I thought I’d post. Enjoy!
What you need:
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Roasting Pan
How you do it:
1) Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
2) For each sprout, cut the bottom off, then cut it in half lengthwise. Toss it in the roasting pan to hang out with it’s newly dismembered friends.
3) Drizzle olive oil liberally over the sprouts. I used about 1/2c for the amount above. Then, season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4) Toss together so each sprout gets some seasoney lovin’.
5) Pop these bad boys in the oven for about an hour. About 30 minutes in, give them a stir. What we are looking for here is for the sugars in these tiny little cabbages to start to come out and cook i.e. caramelize. Once they start to caramelize, that’s where the real flavor is. Don’t take them out until they look like this:
ZOMGWTF! They are burnt?!?!
Nope. They are delicious! Be brave. Just like Kramer went extra far on the last drop of gas, you can leave these guys in the oven until they have peaked. Incidentally, the leaves that sort of separate and become super crispy are the best part are are somewhat like crack, so, don’t say I didn’t warn you.