I’m happy I went to class this morning before the soreness from yesterday’s workout set in. It was deceptively hard. In fact, the hardest part were the sweeps. Sigh. Due to all of the leg work this week, my sweeps really sucked. Anyway, the workout was a partner one again consisting of:
- 30 jumping squats
- White Crane sweeps across the floor & back (2x, you 1, partner 1)
- 30 jumping lunges
- Farmer Walk (just like sweeps, 55lb dumbbells = 110lb total)
I partnered with Hugh and our combined time was 13:26. The reps above were shared between the team, so I did 1/2 of all of that.
The above was followed by:
- 1 minute freestyle bag work (me)
- 2 minutes intense kata drilling
- 1 minute freestyle bag work (holding for Hugh)
I was pretty damn tired after all of this. I am happy that I went and moved my legs around some more, but I have to admit, when I saw Cindy writing the workout on the board, I was a bit apprehensive about being able to do it. As I continue with Crossfit, the attitude of “oh wow, I can’t do that” is fading away. It’s still there a bit, but it’s getting to be less and less over time.